Restream is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and dedicated Streaming engineer to join our team and bring the new level of quality to the core of our product.
We are looking for engineers that understand that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made. We believe in small teams where each member contributes significant value.
- You would be responsible for improving old and developing new features to the core of Restream product.
- Debug and resolve different streaming issues with video streaming devices and streaming platforms.
- Design metrics that capture the streamer’s experience as well as the system performance.
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment.
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of Restream streaming infrastructure.
- Knowledge of streaming protocols: RTMP, RTSP, HLS, Smooth Streaming, DASH, etc.
- Experience with FFmpeg/x264/x265. Experience with at least one commonly used media server software.
- Familiarity with relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Redis, Mongo).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment.
- Passionate about the Restream product.
- Start-up environment and flat company structure: daily work with the founders, no managers to watch over your shoulder.
- Directly influencing the direction of the product and development.
- Compensation: salary + equity.
- Constant feeling of creating something cool: building products that influence people’s lives.
Founded in January 2015, Restream helps creators/influencers to broadcast video live to Twitch, Youtube, Facebook Live, Periscope and 30+ other streaming services simultaneously. Thousands of users worldwide trust Restream's free and premium products, including customers like Microsoft, Zynga, Gameloft, Boilerroom, ESL, among others.
Restream, Inc is headquartered in Austin, Texas US with R&D office in Ukraine.