OBS Studio allows you to live stream to just one streaming platform. For instance, you can live stream directly to Twitch via OBS. However, it is in fact possible to broadcast your content to several platforms at the same time with OBS. This is when Restream.io comes into play.
With the help of Restream.io you can live stream to multiple platforms simultaneously. All you need is to connect OBS with your Restream account and you’ll be able to broadcast to as many platforms as you want, including Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Trovo, and many more!
How to use Restream with OBS Studio
- First, head to Restream.io and create a new account. If you already have one, simply log into it.
- Add streaming platforms you would like to stream to. The process is super easy; you will need to simply connect Restream to your accounts on the streaming platforms.
- After you’ve added your preferred streaming destinations, open your OBS Studio and click Settings on the bottom right.
- Select the Stream tab and choose Restream.io in the Service drop-down list.
- You will have two options here: either connect your account automatically or use the stream key manually. Simply click Connect Account to use the first option and follow a few simple steps.
- If you want to connect manually, go to your Restream dashboard and copy your Stream Key to the clipboard. Then go back to OBS and paste the stream key into the corresponding field. Automatic connection on Windows will let you utilize Restream Chat, Titles, and channel controls as standalone docks without adding them manually.
- You are now ready to start your live stream. It will be delivered on all your selected platforms in Restream.