To connect your Twitch channel to OBS Studio, you will need your Twitch stream key (see the previous section). You will also need to download and install OBS Studio.
- Go to the official website of OBS Studio to install the software.
- Run the auto-configuration wizard to set up the settings.
- Go to File, then Settings.
- Select Streaming from the left-hand menu in the Settings box.
- Click on Twitch from the drop-down list of streaming services.
- Leave the server field on Auto.
- Paste your Twitch stream key into the Stream Key field.
You’re now ready to start streaming on Twitch with OBS Studio. When you press Start Streaming, your broadcast will go to your Twitch channel.
If you use OBS Studio, you aren’t limited to streaming only to Twitch. If you want to stream on multiple platforms at the same time — known as multistreaming — you can do so with Restream. Restream is natively integrated with OBS Studio, so you can easily add your Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and various other channels to your Restream dashboard, then simply connect Restream to OBS Studio.