The split screen feature allows you to do a Facebook Live two-person broadcast, but it’s only available on mobile for now. Here’s how to set it up:
- Go live from your personal profile by going to your Facebook home feed, tapping the status bar, and tapping “live video.”
- Go live from a page by going to your Facebook home feed, tapping the three bars in the upper right (lower right on iOS), then selecting the page you want to stream to. Tap the status box again, then tap “live video.”
- Adjust your live video settings for privacy, age range, gender, etc. If you go live from a business page, your stream must be public.
- Agree with your guest before the stream starts on which video orientation you’ll use for your live video (portrait or landscape).
- Start your live stream.
- Tap the profile-shaped icon at the bottom, then the person-shaped icon to invite someone to your stream.
- Tap the icon of the person you invited once it appears in the upper right corner of your screen. Allow them to come on camera, and your screen should be split between your camera and theirs.
👉 Pro tip:
Want to do split-screen streaming on Facebook without having to use mobile? Restream’s got you covered. With Restream Studio, you can easily invite up to six guests to your stream (nine guests with one of our paid plans) and share your screen with them. Here’s how to do it:
- In your Restream Live Studio dashboard, click the “Invite guests” button at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see a Restream Studio guest link. Copy this URL and send it to your guests.
- To join, your guests simply click the link and they’ll be invited to your stream.
- As the host, you can control when your guests’ feeds are visible. After you see your guest has joined, toggle their visibility on so they appear on screen.
- You can choose multiple layouts for your stream as well, to either highlight your guest or share the screen 50/50 with them.
Restream Studio works on desktop, and all you need is a web browser to go live. No need to download any streaming software, plus you can add multiple streaming destinations in addition to Facebook.