YouTube is the most popular video hosting site in the world and a good choice for live broadcasts. If you want to stream successfully on YouTube, you need a streaming software to help you create engaging and professional broadcasts. You have many options when it comes to which streaming service you use but the best one for you will depend on your needs and preferences.
Streaming Software for YouTube
Restream Studio is an all-in-one live streaming software that lets you go live on YouTube and other major streaming platforms in a matter of minutes. No downloads, no complicated setup — start streaming right from your web browser. Customize your live stream, invite remote guests and chat with your audience in real time. When you’re done streaming, download the recording and repurpose it for your social media channels.
Restream also does multistreaming, so you can send your live broadcast to YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitch, Twitter and more — all at the same time.
You can get started with live broadcasting for free with Restream.
How to Stream on YouTube with Restream:
Best live streaming features for YouTube
Restream has all the features you need to go live on YouTube. You can customize your stream and make it your own. You can also interact with your audience to start meaningful conversations and invite guests onto the stream with you. Record, download and repurpose your stream for social media or even integrate Restream with your favorite encoder such as OBS Studio.
Customize your YouTube Live stream
- Upload a custom logo to display on your stream
- Add your own branded background graphics
- Play copyright-free background music
- Play local video files
- Add any URL as a QR code that appears on-stream
Engage with your audience
- Invite guests to your stream by sending a link
- Respond to viewers in the live chat directly from the Restream Studio dashboard
- Display a chat overlay
- Set up chat commands or hide certain comments
- Choose from a set of default game themes for the live chat
- Select comments to display as captions
Record and repurpose your YouTube Live streams
- Upload a pre-recorded video and stream it live
- Download a recording of your streamed video or split-track audio
- Restream automatically saves a recording of your live broadcast
- Select Restream’s record-only mode to film a short video or test a stream beforehand
Check the quality of your live broadcasts
- Get audience and stream analytics for each live session
- Check the health of your stream in real time with stream monitoring
- Set up a backup stream to broadcast in case your primary stream fails
- Integrate Restream with OBS and other encoders to multistream
Learn how to make the most of Restream Studio with our quick tutorial.
Multistream on YouTube and other platforms
Restream also lets you multistream so you can go live on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, LinkedIn and multiple other streaming platforms at the same time. Simply add your preferred channels to your Restream account, enter the browser-based live streaming studio and start broadcasting.
If you’re live on more than one platform, you can see messages from each live chat in the same window on your Restream dashboard. It makes managing multiple live chats a lot easier. Restream also provides stream metrics such as concurrent viewers or hours streamed and aggregates the data across every platform you stream to.
If you use an encoder like OBS Studio to stream, you can also integrate it with Restream to multistream and use our chat and analytics features. Read our guide to connecting OBS and Restream or watch our tutorial.
- How to stream on YouTube
- Best streaming settings for YouTube Live
- The best live streaming software for YouTube
- How to live stream on YouTube with OBS Studio
- How to find your YouTube stream key
- How to stream to YouTube and Twitch at the same time
- How to schedule a YouTube live stream
- How to embed a YouTube live stream on your website
- How to download and save a YouTube live video
- Find your live stream niche on YouTube
- How to multistream to YouTube and other social platforms
- How to add overlays, backgrounds and graphics to a YouTube live stream
- The best time to live stream on YouTube