These days, it seems like everyone is a live streamer or content creator. Thanks to the pandemic, you probably know at least one person who’s turned their spare room into a home live streaming studio, whether they stream as a hobby or to make a living.
No matter what kind of content they stream, creators need the right gear to make the magic happen. We put together a list of the best gifts for streamers, so you know what to buy for your favorite streamer when the holidays roll around or they have a birthday coming up.
Our gift guide includes webcams, microphones, accessories, and all the best streaming equipment that the streamer in your life will love.
As an indispensable part of any streaming setup, a webcam is always a safe choice as a gift for your streamer — as long as the one you choose is nicer than what they already have! You can’t go wrong with these webcams.
- Logitech C922 Pro Stream: Stream at 1080p at 30 fps or 720p at 60 fps with the C922 and get two attached microphones for stereo recording. It’s an all-time favorite webcam of streamers everywhere.
- Razer Kiyo: With an adjustable ring light included, the Kiyo lets streamers skimp on lighting and still produce high-quality video.
- Mevo Plus: Get the Mevo Plus for your favorite IRL streamer. It’s a portable webcam that produces high-quality video and lasts about an hour before a battery recharge.
- Logitech Brio: The Logitech Brio is an HDR webcam for the streamer in your life who wants to go live in 4K.
- AUSDOM AW620 Pro Stream Camera: Know a streamer who doesn’t use Windows or macOS? Gift them the AUSDOM AW620, which works with Android and Chrome OS.
What’s the difference between an amatuer live stream and pro one? An external microphone! Help your streamer take their content to the next level with a high-quality mic.
- Shure SM7B: Top streamers like Shroud, Tfue, and Sodapoppin use Shure microphones. Give your streamer the gift of professional-vocalist-quality audio with the SM7B.
- Audio-Technica AT2020: Audio-Technica is a well-loved brand among streamers as well, with amazing sound quality and excellent durability.
- Blue Yeti USB: With no stand or extra cables required, the Blue Yeti is the perfect gift for the streamer who likes no-fuss solutions.
- Electro Voice RE-20: With a built-in pop filter, element shock mount, and windscreen for noise, the RE-20 is about as professional as you can get with a streaming microphone.
- HyperX QuadCast S: The QuadCast makes a great addition to any gaming streamer’s setup, with cool LED lighting and a desk stand included.
🎥 Action cameras
Live streaming on the go is perfect for sports and adventure streams, live events, and news updates. If you have a streamer friend who likes to be mobile while live, get them one of these action cameras.
- GoPro Hero 8: GoPro remains a leader in mobile filming, and the Hero 8 allows live streamers to capture top-notch footage as well. Setting up live streaming with a GoPro isn’t difficult to do, either.
- Sony FDRX3000 W: For your streaming diver or adventure enthusiast, the waterproof FDRX3000 W is the perfect gift. It also has a 3x zoom and records audio in stereo.
- Garmin Virb Ultra 30: Streamers who love ease of use and require geo-tagging features need the Garmin Virb Ultra 30 streaming camera.
🎛 Elgato Stream Deck and Capture Cards
Elgato’s made a name for itself creating products and tools for live streamers. From lights and microphones to capture cards, you can’t really go wrong if you decide to buy your streamer an Elgato product.
We’re throwing the spotlight on the Elgato Stream Deck and capture cards because they’re two of the most useful pieces of equipment a streamer can add to their setup. And it’s hard to find similar products of the same quality elsewhere.
- Elgato Stream Deck: The Stream Deck lets streamers control every aspect of their streams from a small remote that sits on their desk. With programmable buttons, it can control lighting, connect to social media, send emotes, and carry out many more tasks. With a Stream Deck, your streamer can start producing higher-level content.
- Elgato Capture Cards: A capture card allows streamers to capture and record gameplay so they can broadcast it live. It’s a must for console gamers and those without a PC powerful enough for screencasting. What makes Elgato’s so great? It lets you capture 4K footage at 60 fps, record an unlimited amount of footage, and record straight to an SD card.
A camera or microphone is indispensable for live streaming, so your streamer may already have one they love. In that case, you can get them an accessory to help make their streaming experience even better. We’ve listed some of the best lights, audio mixers, and more.
- Neewer Green Screen: A green screen allows streamers to add virtual backgrounds to their broadcasts, and this collapsible screen from Neewer is easy to store when not in use.
- YONGNUO YN300 Air Pro LED Light: LED lights are popular with video content creators, and this one will light up a streaming studio perfectly without the need to soften with a diffuser.
- Elgato Key Light Air: This tabletop key light from Elgato is perfect for gaming streamers who need a no-hassle lighting solution (and it syncs with the Elgato Stream Deck).
- Philips Hue Smart Lightstrip: A strip of LED lights around a desk or workstation adds some shine to any streamer’s studio. This lightstrip from Philips comes with a base kit for easy installation as well.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones: Heralded by many streamers as one of the most comfortable pairs of headphones on the market, the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro will let your streamer game and broadcast for hours.
- ASTRO A50 headphones: These wireless headphones have exceptional mic and audio quality and come with their own charging base. Choosing the best headphones for streaming is important for the quality of the content, especially for gaming streamers.
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2x2 USB audio interface: Streamers who use XLR mics need an audio interface to connect to, and this mixer from Focusrite is a standard among audio professionals.
- Blue Compass boom arm: To get high-quality audio, a streamer has to position their mic just right. A flexible boom arm lets them keep their mic in exactly the right spot for each broadcast.
- Elgato Master Mount: The microphone may not be the only thing a streamer needs to mount. A webcam or lights should also stay steady throughout the stream, and this versatile mount from Elgato ensures everything stays in place.
💺 Desk chairs
When a streamer is sitting through a long broadcast, they need a comfortable chair. Some chairs are made specifically for gaming, but your streamer doesn’t have to be a gamer to enjoy these chairs.
KLIM Esports gaming chair: The fully adjustable KLIM gaming chair will suit streamers of all sizes. It’s also made with high-quality materials and comes with a five-year warranty — no replacement needed for a while.
Hbada ergonomic office chair: Get your streamer friend an ergonomic chair that isn’t ugly with the Hbada office chair. It was built with long stream sessions in mind and has a flexible reclining system.
Noblechairs Hero: The Noblechairs Hero is one of the best streaming chairs for lumbar support. It’s not the flashiest chair out there, but it will keep your streamer’s back in excellent shape.
🎉 Fun stuff
Most of the items on this list are functional for a live streamer. They’re either a necessity or improve the quality of the stream. But streamers need to have fun too! If you want to get them something a bit more personal, here are a few ideas any streamer would love.
- Tumbler or water bottle: Some streamers broadcast for more than eight hours at a time. They definitely get thirsty during such a long stream, so a custom water bottle, coffee/tea mug, or drink tumbler would be the perfect gift for a marathon streamer.
- Customized hats and t-shirts: For live streamers, image is important. Gift your streamer a customized t-shirt or hat with their stream name on it so they can be proud of their streams. Having custom apparel and gear makes a streamer look more professional too.
- Background materials: For a live stream, the background studio is just as important as the streamer. Setting up a studio with wall art posters, knick knacks, books, pillows, lights, and other materials is a big part of preparing for any stream. Buy your streamer some materials to put in their studio so their background looks inviting and interesting.
🤓 Online courses for self-improvement
The best gift for a streamer doesn’t have to be a shiny new gadget or piece of equipment. A course or learning materials that focus on improving a live streaming technique also make excellent gifts for a budding streamer.
- The Complete Guide to Twitch Streaming: This deep-dive course on Twitch covers everything a streamer should know about running a channel on the platform. It also covers streaming gear and how to market your channel to get more viewers.
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Open Broadcaster Software: Open Broadcast Software (OBS) is one of the most popular streaming software available, so learning how to use it would be a smart move for any streamer.
- Live Streaming Pro: Ultimate Course | From Beginner to Pro: This general live streaming course is geared toward anyone who wants to run live workshops, events, and webinars. It covers live streaming gear, software, and platforms, providing a solid base for anyone who wants to learn more about live streaming.
🔥 Streaming tool for professional streams
Streamers who want to grow their channels need high-quality content that looks professional. With Restream’s accessible live streaming tools, a streamer can create engaging broadcasts intuitively, without the need for extra software. Restream Studio is a browser-based live streaming studio packed with features such as:
- Custom graphics
- The ability to invite guests
- Playing local video files
- Copyright-free background music
- Multistreaming to multiple platforms simultaneously
- HD streaming
- Saving stream recordings
- Live chat tools
You can purchase a Restream paid plan and give your streamer access to it as a gift, so they have all the live streaming tools they need to succeed.
Let’s wrap up
Don’t let another birthday, Valentine’s Day, or any other holiday pass by without getting the streamer in your life an excellent gift they’ll truly love. You can’t go wrong with any of the items on the Restream gift guide!