Embedding a live stream on your website can help make your site more engaging and dynamic. If you’re streaming to Facebook, you can add your Facebook Live video to your site.
How to embed a Facebook Live stream on your website
You can embed a Facebook Live video in two ways. You can use Facebook Live Producer to embed it before, during or after you go live. Or, you can share the live video from a page, profile, group or live event while you’re live or after the live video has been posted.
To embed a Facebook Live video, your stream audience must be set to Public.
Embed a Facebook Live stream using Live Producer
- Log in to your Facebook Live Producer and go to Settings.
- Select Stream, and then toggle Embed Live video to ON.
- Select Get embed code and select a size for your video.
- Copy your embed code and then paste it into your website. Most website builders allow you to add a widget for videos or HTML code to a web page. You can usually insert the embed code into this widget.
Embed a Facebook Live stream from a page, profile, group or live event
- Find the live video you want to embed and click on it so it opens in fullscreen mode.
- Click Options (the three dots) in the top right corner and then select Embed.
- Choose the settings for embedding video, such as including the title and description and selecting a custom time stamp.
- Click Copy code and then paste the code into your website.
Embedding a Facebook Live stream with Restream
You can easily embed live videos on your website without having to broadcast them on Facebook first if you use Restream’s live video website player. Broadcast directly from your streaming software to your website — or multistream to your website, Facebook and your other favorite platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube simultaneously.
- Log in to your Restream account or create a new one if you haven’t already.
- Connect your Facebook account to Restream. While you’re at it, you can add your other preferred streaming destinations to Restream too.
- Select Stream with Studio.
- Enter the live streaming studio and select Settings (the gear icon near the bottom of the screen).
- Select Embed stream, then copy the embed code and paste it into your website’s CMS. Most website builders let you add a video player or HTML widget to your web pages. You’ll most likely have to paste the embed code there.
- Once the code is embedded in your website, the website preview will show an “Offline” screen.
- When you hit the Go Live button in Restream Studio, your video will play on your website.
You can also use Restream’s live video player on your website if you broadcast with streaming software like OBS Studio. You can still multistream too.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 from the above instructions.
- Select Set up for OBS, Zoom etc.
- Select Embed Stream, then copy the code and paste it into your website.
- The preview on your website will show as “Offline” until you start your video. Once you start broadcasting from your streaming software, your video will play on your website.
There are several things to keep in mind when using Restream’s embedded live video player:
- You can upload a thumbnail for your preview. The recommended size is 1280 x 720.
- You can choose one static embed code for all streams, so you don’t have to recopy the code each time you go live.
- You can also choose a specific embed code for your live event. You can schedule a live stream event using Restream, and then get the embed code for that particular event and add it to your website.
- The Restream website player is only available with Premium and Business plans. You can multistream to your website and social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram simultaneously with Restream.