Finding a YouTube stream key is useful if you want to live stream to YouTube from an encoding software such as OBS Studio or Streamlabs OBS. Here’s how to find the stream key for your YouTube channel:
- Access the YouTube studio by going to studio.youtube.com. Make sure you’re signed into the channel you want to broadcast to.
- On your Channel Dashboard, click on the “Go live” button in the top right corner.
- Click Start next to the Right Now option once you enter the Studio.
- Click Go next to Streaming Software if you’re using an encoder.
- You’ll see a screen with settings for your stream. Under Stream Settings, you’ll see your stream key, which you can reset or copy.
- Copy your stream key and paste it into your broadcasting software.
👉 Pro tip:
Want an easier YouTube live streaming solution that doesn’t require a stream key? With Restream Studio, you can connect your YouTube and Restream accounts and go live in a matter of minutes — no encoding software needed. You’ll also have access to customization features such as:
- Uploading your logo and brand graphics
- Inviting guests to your stream
- Sharing your screen
- Displaying a chat overlay
- Playing background music
- Customizing captions and lower thirds
Restream also lets you multistream to several channels at once, so you don’t have to limit yourself to YouTube. Choose from 30+ social channels (YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and many others) to stream at once.