What does Instagram offer to live streamers?
- User notifications – Your followers get a notification when you go live on Instagram.
- A niche audience – Instagram is full of hobbyists, creatives and users interested in highly specific topics, making your niche audience easier to find.
- Searchability with hashtags – Hashtags are used on other platforms too, but they’re not as powerful as they are on Instagram, where they allow little-known brands to get found more easily.
- Saved live streams – After your live stream ends, Instagram saves it to your profile via IGTV, where followers can watch the replay.
- Beginner-friendly – Connecting your Instagram to Restream only takes a few minutes, and it’s completely free.
- More professional live streams – Streaming from mobile limits your customization options, but going live on desktop via Restream and Instagram Live Producer gives you full control over your stream.
Instagram was designed as a photo- and video-sharing platform, so it’s a natural place for live streamers.
Instagram Live for gamers
Although users with a wide variety of interests can find content they like on Instagram, it’s not well-known as a gaming platform for live streamers. If you’re a gamer who wants to broadcast gameplay, you’re probably better off streaming to another major platform like Twitch or YouTube alongside Instagram. Gamers can still post other types of gaming-related content to Instagram Live, though, such as:
- Vlogs, where you can give followers updates on your day-to-day activities
- Contests, where you can give away prizes and ask people to participate
- Industry events, where you can report on big happenings in the gaming world
If you have access to Instagram Live Producer, creating live vlogs, contests and giveaways is much easier to manage because you’re on your desktop.
Instagram Live for entrepreneurs and businesses
Instagram has become a haven for entrepreneurs, influencers, businesses and all types of brands. Establishing an Instagram presence is one of the most effective steps a new business can take, as it lets you build a loyal community of followers and utilize Instagram’s monetization and ad options.
Live video lets you talk directly to your followers on Instagram, and some of the best types of content include:
- Behind-the-scenes videos, where you can give a tour of your business or an inside look at your products and services
- Product launches, where you can showcase a new product and give live demonstrations for your audience
- Q&As and AMAs, where your audience can ask as many questions as they want about your brand
Managing something like an AMA can be difficult from your smartphone, but going live from your desktop using Restream and Instagram Live Producer helps you stay organized.
Instagram Live for publishers and media
Instagram isn’t known as the “breaking news” social platform, and users don’t usually head to Instagram when they want the latest updates on news stories. But media outlets and publishers can still establish a solid presence on Instagram by taking advantage of live video.
Content well-suited for publishers and media outlets on Instagram includes:
- Interviews with people making news or influential people in general
- Live news segments that allow you to broadcast a full-fledged news show directly to Instagram
- Live event reports to update your audience on the latest news
Sharing an up-to-the-minute live stream is usually better with a mobile device, but formal news shows and interviews are much easier to do from a desktop setup. Restream makes streaming to Instagram from your computer easy.
Instagram Live for content creators
If you’re a content creator who’s not on Instagram, then you may need to rethink your branding strategy. The platform is the perfect complement to any type of content you create, whether it’s videos, blog posts or podcasts. When you add live video on Instagram to the mix, you get a prime opportunity to connect with your audience.
The best kind of content to share with your audience on Instagram is:
- Tutorials, where you can show followers your content creation process, tips and tools
- Live interviews with other creators to give both of your profiles a viewing boost
- AMAs so your audience can get to know you better
Get creative and experiment with different content formats. When you live stream from your laptop or PC via Restream, you can stream in portrait mode and customize your stream.