If you have access to Media Studio Producer and want to go live on Twitter via encoding software, you will need a stream key to do so. Here’s how to find a stream key for Twitter Live:
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Click “More” on your home page, then click “Media Studio.”
- You’ll be taken to your library, where you can see all the media you’ve uploaded to Twitter.
- Click the “Producer” tab at the top.
- Click “Create Broadcast” in the top right corner to start a new live video.
- Give your broadcast a name and add a category.
- Under the “Source” pull-down menu, select “Create a New Source.” Give your source a name and select your region.
- Click “Create.”
- You’ll then see your RTMP URL and stream key. Copy the stream key onto your clipboard.
- Paste the stream key into your preferred encoding software.
👉 Pro tip:
If you don’t want to download encoding software to go live on Twitter, you can try Restream Studio instead. Simply Twitter as a channel to your Restream account, and you can go live from Restream Studio, our browser-based live streaming solution.
Restream lets you add professional effects and features to your broadcast, such as inviting up to six guests (and nine guests with a paid plan), adding your logo and custom graphics, sharing your screen, playing local video files, displaying your live chat, and more.