Facebook’s live video format recommendations are:
- Max resolution is 1080p (1920 x 1080) at 60 frames per second (fps)
- Bitrate between 3,000 and 6,000 Kbps (3-6 Mbps)
- Titles with fewer than 255 characters
- Keyframe should be sent every 2 seconds and not exceed 4 seconds
- Only H.264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio
- 8-hour time limit on live streams
The streaming quality available on Facebook is lower than the quality on Twitch and YouTube (YouTube lets you stream in 4K). The above settings are recommended by Facebook, but you should always test out your settings before going live to see the quality for yourself.
👉 Pro tip:
When live streaming, don’t connect over Wi-Fi with your PC. Use an ethernet cable for a more stable connection. If you have a stable connection and want to use a browser-based live streaming solution to go live on Facebook, Restream Studio can help you out. All you need is a computer, web browser, and a webcam and you’re ready to start streaming!